Sportivate is a £56 million Lottery funded London 2012 legacy project available to organisations wishing to provide sport and physical activity opportunities for 11-25 year olds who are currently inactive (0 to 3 occasions of formal activity in the previous 28 days) Priority is given to projects targeting 19-25 year olds, females and people with a disability.
Funding applications for projects planned between 1st April 2017-31st December 2017 are now being accepted. Sportivate funding is available to run 6, 7 or 8 weeks of sessions and can support the costs of:
- Coaches/instructors to deliver the sessions
- Facility hire costs
- Training and development of staff or young people
- Incentives to encourage young people to attend the sessions and keep participating after the funded sessions have ended
Applicants are asked to consider an in-kind contribution of weekly subs, volunteer coaches, or anything else to support the project and show partnership working.
Multiple projects can be applied for, and there is no maximum or minimum amount of funding that can be requested. Each project is considered on an individual basis and decisions on funding requests take into consideration the target group, the sustainability of a project, and the feasibility that the project will encourage the young people to attend the funded sessions.
We know that running projects for those young people who wouldn't usually participate in sport or physical activity can be difficult, which is why we can support projects with innovative ideas on how to engage young people and to support them to come back week after week, and to continue after the funded sessions have ended. Examples include:
- Prom projects – running a fitness project targeting girls who will be enjoying their Proms. Those who attend every week will receive a free beauty treatment to enjoy before their Prom.
- Running /fitness projects - funding places in a 5k, 10 or half marathon, for anyone attending every week of their Sportivate session.
- Providing a free piece of equipment/clothing (where appropriate) to every person attending each week to support them to continue to participate when the funded sessions have finished.
We advise any organisation applying for Satellite Cub or Sportivate funding to read the 'Under the Skin' document prior to applying for funding to enable them to provide us with information on the personality type(s) they are hoping to provide activity for. To find this information:
Contact: Nicola Massingham
Tel: 01482 244344
Mobile: 07860 954342