Active Humber is an organisation that exists to use the influence of sport and physical activity to make a positive impact on people's lives.
We believe that everyone has the right to access a supportive community through sport and physical activity to make a positive change in their lives.
The Active Humber team build strong and effective relationships to create accessible and sustainable opportunities through sport and physical activity. We work on behalf of the communities across the Humber area, driven by a passion to make a difference.
Active Humber is one of 44 County Sports Partnerships in England which are funded to support Sport England's objectives to increase sports participation amongst the population.
Our Company Vision:
"Enhancing peoples' lives in the Humber sub region by widening access to improved opportunities in sport and active recreation."
Our Brand Promise:
To inspire and innovate through sport and physical activity
Our Core Outcomes:
- Increased participation and improved opportunities for people to engage in sustainable sporting activities.
- Improved health and wellbeing, social cohesion, educational attainment and economic growth through sport.
What We Do
- Work with national, regional and local partners to improve and increase participation in sport and physical activity
- Provide critical insight and intelligence regarding the Humber's existing and potential sporting landscape
- Provide a strategic framework within which sporting opportunities can expand and be sustainable
- Administer and bring resources to support the sustainable growth of sports participation in the Humber
- Communicate to all stakeholders the critical messages required to support growth in sports participation throughout the wider community
- Collaboration - we will seek new ways to improve collaboration across the sector, with our partners and across all projects, new initiatives and developments involving Active Humber
- Respect - we will conduct ourselves in a respectful and polite manner in all our dealings, both internally and externally, we will respect our colleagues, the point of view of all our stakeholders, the right of others to constructively criticize and our environment
- Excellence - we will strive for excellence in the functioning of our team, in the governance of our Board and in the delivery of our services, this will be achieved by a continuous and relentless search for improvement across our work and the way we function as a charity
- Accountability - we will be accountable for our promises, for our actions and for the responsibilities others invest in us
- Trust - we will build trust by keeping to our promises, delivering to high standards and maintaining integrity in our dealings with all of our colleagues, all of our current and future partners and wider stakeholders
- Equality - we will do all we can to ensure access to sport and active recreation for everyone, we will not discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnic background, disability or other matter that is within our span of control
To find out more about what we do and our achievements from 2015-16, download our annual impact report below.
- Active Humber Impact Report 2015-16 (PDF, 2.1 Mb)
Official Company Information
Active Humber is the trading name of Humber Sports Partnership Ltd who are a Registered Charity number: 1155928 and a Company Limited by Guarantee (Reg. No. 08759196).
Our funding comes from a number of sources including significant funding from Sport England. Other funders include the Department of Health, NGBs and other national sports agencies.
Unit 2, Bilton Grange Health Care Annex
T: 01482 244344