Active Withernsea Recruitment
Active Withernsea Project Assistant
Job Reference/Advert Number: CULT000617
Application closing date: 08/01/2019
Place of Work: East Riding Leisure Withernsea
An exciting opportunity has come up to work as part of a new "Active Withernsea" team, tackling physical inactivity in Withernsea.
Sport England selected Withernsea as one of 12 'Local Delivery Pilot' (LDP) areas across England to work with on bold new approaches to build healthier and more active communities. Around GBP 100million of National Lottery funding will be invested in the LDP's up to 2021 to transform the way that inactive people in disadvantaged communities are engaged. A key feature of each LDP is to address a whole systems approach which creates and improves collaborative working to empower communities to become more active and more resilient.
The role will support the delivery of and provide administrative duties for a range of health and well being and physical activity initiatives within the Active Withernsea project, such as:
- To provide administrative support to the Active Withernsea Team to ensure the smooth running of activities, developments and initiatives as part of the Active Withernsea development plan
- To support and implement monitoring and evaluation procedures and reports in relation to the Active Withernsea development plan
- Assist the Active Withernsea Lead in ensuring effective support for the Board, Steering Group, community forum and partnership meetings including drafting minutes, reports and follow up actions
- Actively engage and consult with the local community to identify needs and barriers to taking part in physical activity and sport
- To develop and promote a range of information services to advise and assist the voluntary sector
You will have:
- Experience of supporting Community Development and/or Engagement work
- Experience of working in collaboration with partners
- Knowledge of IT systems and computer packages
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, verbal and written and good telephone manner
- Able to work on own initiative and self-manage workload
The Sport, Play & Arts Service is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults.
The post will be 37 hours over 5 days and will include evening and weekend work when required, it is fixed term until 31st March 2021 and based in Withernsea.
For more information or to apply visit: https://jobs.eastriding.gov.uk/ and search using the advert number: CULT000617