2018 East Riding of Yorkshire Council’s Chairman’s Awards.
Posted: Mon, 08 Jan 2018 12:48
The annual awards, which are held at Bridlington Spa in May, are presented to individuals, businesses and projects that have helped improve the East Riding over the last year (2017).
The awards will be presented by Councillor Caroline Fox, in what will be her last engagement as chairman before she ends her year in office.
The awards are broken down into five categories:
- community – recognises groups and individuals for the contribution to improving lives of those living in the East Riding with a non-commercial project
- built heritage – celebrates private homes, new builds or business premises that have been sympathetically renovated or restored
- environment – recognises projects that have made an impact in the environment
- business – recognises businesses that have helped the economy flourish
- sport – celebrates local talent and commitment to sports clubs and activities.
Note: There are some changes to the rule this year – nominees can only be entered for one category and a previous award winner cannot be nominated in the same category for a period of three years but can be entered for another.
Councillor Fox said: "I'd urge people to think about their communities and think if there are people they know of who deserve some recognition for the work they do to make the areas they live a better place."
For more information or to submit nomination, please go to www.eastriding.gov.uk/chairmansawards or firstname.lastname@example.orgThe closing date for nominations is Wednesday 31 January 2018.