In these short videos young people talk about the support they've received from thier parents to get involved in sport and send some key messages to parents about the kind of support they can offer.
- sometimes parents put pressure on children and young people to get involved or achieve
- don't force young people to do something they don't want to
- try to encourage children to believe they can achieve in sport
- let children have fun and enjoy sport
What parents' support means to children and young people
- Positive sports parents – supporting talented young athletes
- Positive sports parents – videos for parents
Resources for parents
Our Information for parents pages includes advice on how to best support your child in sport.
For more on this subject, see our Parents in sport topic pages for guidance on promoting positive parental behaviour.
- Code of conduct for parents and carers
- Parental involvement in sport scenarios
- Parents in sport – leaflet for coaches
- Promoting positive parental behaviour – PowerPoint template
Sign up now for any (or all) of our free webinars.