When it comes to coaching female sport, there are myths based on stereotypes and things our colleagues have told us over the years. After all, every athlete and player we work with is an individual with their own traits and idiosyncrasies. Should we, as coaches, make assumptions based on the gender of the athlete we are working with?
Traditionally women are under-represented in sport and sports coaching. It has long since been recognised that coaching women and girls is different to coaching their male counterparts.
- Coaching Female High Performance Athletes (PDF, 1.3 Mb)
- Coaching Myth Buster (PDF, 541 Kb)
- Female Psychology And Considerations For Coaching Practice (PDF, 659 Kb)
- Physiology And Considerations For Female Athletes (PDF, 982 Kb)
- Socially Inclusive Coaching (PDF, 639 Kb)